I was asked earlier today for a list of “what’s going on” New Year’s Eve in Edmonds. I hadn’t put much thought as I’m planning on spending the evening with friends (I’ll be in the Edmonds Bowl, just so you know), but thought I’d dig through my memories and the web and pull together a quick list.
First, I want to point out that Kathy Passage over at My Edmonds News has list of holiday events and such in her most recent article. She’s pretty cool: go check her out!
Anyway, I’ve pulled out a list of specifically New Year’s Eve stuff, focusing on the “ringing in 2018” (aka: out after midnight) stuff.
- Bar Dojo: they’ll be hosting a Four Course Prix Fixe dinner! Tres elegant, non?
- 190 Sunset will have a New Year’s Dinner, which I’m sure will be delicious.
- Bar Dojo’s sister biz, Salt & Iron, will be hosting a tasty culinary soiree of their own.
- Edmonds Unitarian Universalist is hosting something for NYE. Not sure all the details (the site’s a bit spare).
- Good ol’ Yelp has a List of Edmonds Restaurants with well regarded New Year’s stuff.
- Got kids and are good with zipping up to Everett? Check out Everett’s Imagine Children’s Museum Pajama Party. From 7-9 pm, there’ll be a variety show, games and a crowd favorite: face-painting!
- Seattle has tons of stuff. My long-time favorite: the Seattle Center! There’s everything, from music in the Armory, New Year’s Under The Arches at the Pacific Science Center, and the big-dog: KEXP’s New Year’s At The Needle. Be aware that there will be gobs of traffic. It might be worth it to find a hotel and camp out for the night….if you can find a room!
- And if none of these interest you, here’s a monster Seattle area list on EventBrite. Knock yourself out!